Friday 8 July 2011

Haul & FOTD- Mac, Topshop, Matalan

So this is quite a lengthy post including a few mixed things and a video thrown in at the end, because I am going on holiday on Sunday for 10 days and wanted to cram in as much as possible! I went on a daytrip to Canterbury (my university town) yesterday and popped into Mac, where I treated myself to Nylon eyeshadow and Topshop, where I bought a couple of bits in the sale.
I came home to a cool new makeup storage thingy and a beach bag that my mum had picked up for me from Matalan, so I would say all of this makes a haul, wouldn't you?

First Off is Mac Nylon. I needed a highlight colour for my palette, and Have been lusting after this one for a while:
Nylon at home in it's new palette. Nylon is a Frost finish and described on the Mac site as 'pale gold' but I would say 'white gold'. Perfect inner corner & brow highlight colour (wearing my FOTD below)

And in topshop I noticed this stack of 3 Lip polishes reduced from £14(I'm not sure if this was correct labelling?) to £3! (£2.70 with my student discount ;) Bargain! What I have already from Topshop's cosmetic range I love, so I thought I'd give these babies a try.

3 shades: cherry picker, chiffon, cracker


Cherry picker, Chiffon, Cracker. (first 2 I have already tried) All have a lovely shimmer to them.
FOTD using Mac Nylon & Cherry picker lip polish:


Face: Maybelline pure cover mineral concealer, Mac studio sculpt foundation-NC15, Bourjois blush- Lilas d'or, Mac MSF-soft and gentle. Spritz of Fix+.


Eyes:Illamasqua brow cake-thunder, Mac prep+prime eye-light, Mac eyeshadows: Shroom(lid), Sable(crease), Twinks (outer corner), Nylon (inner corner & brow bone), Pixi gel liner-onyx, Maybelline one by one volum' express mascara.
Lips: Gosh Lip marker- berry, Topshop lip polish- Cherry picker.


Also from Topshop:


'R' bracelet on purple string- reduced to £2

Matalan beach bag:

Lovely and bright with rope handles. £6


And my new bright makeup storage thingy, also from Matalan (Thanks mum!):


How pretty.
And now here's a little video I filmed once I put all of my stuff into it; A makeup collection and storage video if you will:



Rachy xx

4 comments:

  1. I love the make up storage unit, your mum did well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love ur FOTD.. Cherry lips really suit u!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never really looked at Nylon in MAC before but it looks so pretty on you. Love the make-up storage too!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies. Yehp it is a nice storage unit and I love the red lip polish too.

    @Charlotte: yeh Nylon is lovely, I was considering highlight colours for ages and decided on nylon, its really soft and pigmented :) x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...