Monday 8 October 2012

Lush recycling for a Free Face mask :)


 If you are a major Lush-y like me I'm sure you will be aware and have taken full advantage of their black pot recycling scheme. If not, the idea is that you use up 5 of their products in black pots and take them back to Lush to recycle and swap for a free fresh face mask of your choice. I think this is a great scheme because before I became obsessed with Lush and aware of this deal I was probably less conscious of recycling than I am now. I am now so particular with my recycling that I labelled myself 'Queen of Recycling' at uni (no one else called me that...how sad.)
So I think it's a great idea of Lush to give incentive to recycle as it gets you into the positive habit and you get a free little treat every once in a while.
Here are the empty products I took back:


For a few weeks previous to visiting Lush I'd had a terrible breakout around my chin so was considering choosing the 'Cosmetic Warrier' face mask which has garlic in it (gross I know- but it acts as an antiseptic for problem skin), but by the time I went to Lush the breakout had calmed down slightly so I went for my old favourite, 'Catastophe Cosmetic'.
This mask is still great for troubled skin as the packaging will tell you, 'When disaster looms, Catastrophe Cosmetic calms and cleanses the skin. Blueberries rich in beneficial anti-oxidants, soothing chamomile, Irish moss and gentle cleansing action of calamine to save the day'. I agree with the claims this product makes as it is wonderfully soothing on the skin (especially straight out of the fridge) and leaves your skin feeling fresh and smooth. But for me the best part of this mask and the reason I keep going back to it has to be the smell. It has a delicate floral tinged blueberry smell which leaves a sweet scent to your skin for a little while after, which only adds to the feeling of cleanliness.

And here's a cheeky shot of me smothered in face mask. I have to say, of all the Lush face masks this one is probably the most attractive looking on the skin (if that's possible), so pick this one if you don't want to give your boyfriend TOO much of a scare!
 
Which one of the Lush face masks is your favourite?
Rachy xxx

7 comments:

  1. That picture of you in the mask is brilliant, you still look pretty with a mask on?
    I want pots and I want Oatifix, ultimate moisture and smells like flapjacks!
    Did you use your mums cannon in these photos? They look really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. for some reason I really don't like oatifix, I think it sits weird on my skin and I may be allergic to something in it but it does smell yum. nah just used my little red camera x

      Delete
  2. I have never tried any of the Lush masks but I will add one to my wish list.

    Laura
    www.whitewintersblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe blogger automatically unsubscribed me from ur site!! So glad I found u again!

    I like lush face masks but I don't feel that I see wow results after usage.. But they do feel nice..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the face mask shot, why is it we cannot resist snapping a picture of ourselves when we have a face covered in colourful mush? It looks lovely ;-)

    xxxx

    lovelettersandsnippets


    P.S. I think the queen of recycling is a rather important title! I hope it catches on!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lush recycling for free face mask is given on the post here. Know all about it
    organic salon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dangit I may have to jump on the Lush wagon, this looks incredible!! I've only tried one lush product (that I adored), but i think its time to try more! great post love! xx

    beautybyren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...