Tuesday 12 March 2013

Discount Dainty Doll Haul

It came to my attention a few days ago that there were Dainty Doll products being sold extremely cheaply on Amazon (we're talking MUA prices), and after blasting out a sceptical tweet it emerged that fragrancedirect were also selling the products for dirt cheap. 
Having previously tried a blush from this brand I was familiar with the product quality and jumped at the chance to grab a few discounted items. After frantically googling swatches of a few products, I settled for one powder blush, the notorious pale girl contour shade 'money talks', two cream blushers and a lipstick. With the prices being around £1.99 all of this came to under £10 including P&P. Considering the Dainty Doll blush I already own cost me £13.50 from boots I think this was a bloody good deal!

So here is what I got...

If you don't know much about the brand Dainty Doll I'll give you a quick briefing: It was a brand developed by Nicola Roberts (a very pale red-head) from the British girl group Girls Aloud to provide makeup suitable for paler-skinned ladies. The price range is mid-high end and the products can be found in selected Boots stores.

The cardboard packaging for Dainty doll products has a really pretty illustration and gold embossed 'Dainty Doll'. 

The Product packing is a sleek matte black design (matte plastic not rubberised like Nars packing) with gold writing. I am a big fan of the packaging and because of how compact the blush packaging is I find I am more likely to pick these out of my collection over other bulkier blushers for taking on a weekend away or holiday. This is no hinderance on how much product you get as the powder blush contains 7g of product compared to the 6g of a standard sized Mac Blush.
The only issue I have with the product packaging is that the actual product name isn't on it, only a number.  You have to check the side of the cardboard packaging to see the shade names.

L to R: Powder blush in '003 Money Talks', Cream blush/bronzer in '003 Billion Dollar Babies', Cream blush in '002 Orange County Girl'.

'Money Talks' Powder Blush: After hearing so much about this shade being dubbed the ultimate pale girl contour shade by Daisy of DaisyNation, this was the first product I knew I had to have. I previously held off on buying this because of the price and being a little unsure, but after nabbing it for £1.99 I'm convinced I've got myself the deal of the century. The shade is an extremely cool toned taupe-y brown with fine shimmer. When swatched the shimmer doesn't translate too much and instead gives more of a satin effect making it perfect for a contour shade. 

'Billion Dollar Babies' cream bronzer/blush: This blush was a bit of a gamble as I couldn't tell the colour clearly from online swatches, but after seeing it described as a cream bronzer shade I couldn't resist for the price. Now I have it, this is the product I am probably most excited about. I have been so into cream cheek products at the moment and as it gets closer to spring/summer a cream bronzer is exactly what I was after! Similar to 'Money talks' this is a very cool toned almost taupe-brown shade making it perfect for contour.

'Orange County Girl' cream blush: Not much to say about this shade other than it's a pretty peachy pink with gold shimmer. It is pretty much an exact colour match of the Dainty Doll powder blush I already have called '004 you are my sunshine', so if you prefer powder blushers go for that one and vice versa.  

L to R: 'Money Talks' powder blush, 'Billion Dollar Babies' cream blush, 'Orange County Girl' cream blush.

'003 It's My Party' Lipstick: The lipstick is (quite obviously) a bright pink. The colour is not particularly unique but it is a really fun shade. I Imagine this colour would look stunning on all skin tones as well as pale skinned girls. As far as the formula goes, I have only tried it on once but from that application I can tell you that it is very pigmented. I would compare it to a Mac Amplified finish in pigmentation but it is slightly drier to apply than amplified so probably more like the satin-finish texture.

Lip swatchy swatch of 'It's my Party'.

So that brings me to the end of my bargain Dainty Doll haul and all the products that I got for under £10. 
I hope you found this post useful if you were considering a dainty doll purchase, and if you didn't already know about the cheap deals for this brand floating around the web, then what are you waiting for...go shop!

Any Questions, please ask :)
Rachel x

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...