Tuesday 13 December 2011

Celeb Inspired Makeup: Jessie J

Hello everyone, hope you are all well! For a while now I have been admiring Jessie J's makeup looks and have wanted to try one out, so when I saw her live performace of 'who you are' on youtube and fell in love with the look, I knew it was time to give it a try! If you are familiar with Jessie J's makeup looks you'll know that they are very creative and often involve bright pink or red lips and lots of gemstones, and I happen to be a big fan of a bright bold lip.
This look doesn't involve too many gemstones or craziness so I thought it would be a good one for me to try out, but that said it did take me bloody ages!
Here are a couple of screenshots I took from the video to show you the look I'm going for, followed by pictures of my attempt (I had to use flash because for some reason I decided to do this makeup at about 11pm):


My attempt:


Now obviously I don't look anything like Jessie J (don't have the fringe for a start) but I tried my best on the makeup. There were so many pretty neautrals on her eyelids I just had to work with what colours I thought looked similar. Also I stuck 2 little gemstones under each eye with eyelash glue, instead of Jessie's tear shaped ones...because who really has tear shaped gemstones?
As I said, the makeup look did take quite a long time, there was A LOT of blending to do on the eyes and I mixed some colours, so I'll list the products I used but you may have to use your imagination a little :)

Face: Bourjois healthy mix serum foundation- 51 light vanilla, collection 2000 lasting perfection concealer-1 fair, Natural collection blush- peach melba, Jemma kidd dewy glow radiance cream- rose gold.

Eyes: Illamasqua brow cake-Thunder, Too face shadow insurance, Mac eyeshadows: Nylon (inner corner & brow highlight), Patina (lid) with a little bit of woodwinked to warm it up, Sable & Satin taupe (mixed in the crease), Twinks (crease & lower lash line), Stilla matte black-ebony (blended in outer v/crease & lower lash line), 17 liquid liner-black (line along lid, inner & outer corner flicks), Maybelline lasting drama gel liner- black (waterline), Covergirl lash blast mascara


Lips: Chanel Rouge Allure Laque- Dragon

Hope you liked the look, I suppose minus the gemstones it would make a nice Christmas party look with the golds and the red lips :)


Rachy xxx

5 comments:

  1. I think you did a brilliant job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow you did a great job, you look brilliant. I wish it was acceptable to wear gem stones on your face every day, it looks ace x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job. The liner really suits your eye shape x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this! I so need to get me some gemstones even though I have no idea where I'd wear a look like this lol - but it is rather fab, you've done a brilliant job x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...